yeah, the bike build is moving at a snailspace. but honestly, most of it is due to the fact that i'm waiting on others all the time. after waiting for another day for my engine i decided it was time to get my seat ready.
so, here i present to you the loyal blog reader: How to make a motorcycle solo seat in 5 easy steps
1. buy or make a seat pan, like the one you see below. if you want the best call up Hiro at west eagle and he'll hook you up a killer one.
next, get your material: i prefer marine grade vinyl as its easy to work with (but you probably think i suck for that) but leather is cool too.
2. get some spray glue from canadian tire, then buy, borrow or steal a yoga mat from your girl, wife or that hippie guy at work
3. spray the top of the seat pan with the glue and mount a piece of the yoga mat on it, and trim the excess. next cut a piece of your vinyl/leather, measure and cut the mounting holes out then glue it on the bottom of the seat
4. cover the yoga mat with a piece of fleece, and then cover that with your vinyl/ leather - remember to glue each piece on.
5. take the seat to your favourite shoe repair guy or tailor - have the top vinyl/ leather sewn to the bottom and get ready to celebrate. cut off the excess material and feast your eyes on the awesomeness.
extra step - buy me a drink, as i just saved you $200. holla!